Pool Care Tips for Your Home Inground Pool
Let the experts at Anthony & Sylvan Pools guide you on maintaining a beautiful inground pool!
The joys of owning your own pool – floating in the relaxing, cool water under the bright sun, inviting friends and family to join in the fun, and hosting backyard barbecues around your personal oasis.
Anthony & Sylvan Pools wants you to get the most out of your pool and keep it in prime condition, so follow these pool care tips and enjoy your pool every single day.
Pool Care Cleaning Tips
It’s important to clean your inground pool and to make sure you have the proper pool supplies on hand.
- Maintain Proper Pool Chemical Levels. Every pool, whether chlorine or saltwater, should have a pH balance of 7.4 – 7.6 and an alkalinity between 100 – 150 ppm. It is important to maintain these levels for not only swimmer’s comfort but for your pool’s interior finish and equipment. If the water dips below these levels, you will need to adjust the waters chemistry by adding the appropriate products.
Sometimes, shock treatments are needed to break up contaminates and raise free chlorine levels. Free chlorine is the available chlorine in the water to break down unwanted contaminates like algae and bacteria. For more information see your local pool professional.
- Clean Your Pool Regularly. Just like your yard or car, your pool needs a regular routine of TLC. We recommend that you empty the skimmers daily, skim the pool for leaves, bugs or other debris, and that you clean the area around the pool to prevent toys or valuables from ending up in the vacuum system or skimmers. If you have a cleaning system, make sure it is safely attached and use it to clean the bottom of the pool daily to prevent dirt from building up.
- Brush Your Pool Weekly. Even with a helpful cleaning or vacuum system, your pool needs to be brushed regularly. We recommend weekly brushing of the floor, walls, tiles and any other pool surfaces. Not only does it keep your pool sparkling, but it also helps clean off the grime from sunscreen, oils, and other dirt that’s been packed onto your pool surfaces.
Pool Care Maintenance Tips
Regularly maintaining your pool allows you to enjoy your personal paradise for a long time to come, all while ensuring safe and sparkling water. To keep your pool maintained, check out these helpful tips:
- Regularly Check Pool Equipment. An important part of maintaining your inground pool equipment is checking it regularly. By checking it, you’ll be able to see if anything is broken or not working properly. Any broken or poorly working equipment should be repaired or replaced immediately to ensure the longevity of your pool.
- Ensure Equipment is Being Used Correctly. Whether you’re turning on the pump, replacing an o-ring or cleaning the pool, make sure that you and everyone who uses the equipment learns how to use it properly. This training can help lengthen the life of your pool and ensure the safety of those using the pool equipment.
- Closing Pools for the Winter Months: If you live in the Northeast, we suggest that your swimming pool is winterized (closed) professionally for the winter months. Pool equipment should be drained and pool lines blocked with special plugs keeping water from entering the pipes. We also recommend a safety pool cover to protect the pool from debris and weather, as well as accidental entry by animals or people.
Find Your Pool Care Cleaning and Maintenance Needs at Anthony & Sylvan
Whether you need a replacement part or pool chemicals, the helpful team at Anthony & Sylvan is here to help you find exactly what you need to keep your pool clean and sparkling. Just call us at 888-253-SWIM or visit a convenient pool supply locations near you.
Find Out More.
Extend the Seasonal Life of Your Inground Pool
Once the summer heat ceases, regular pool use doesn’t have to. Get more out of your backyard pool with simple solutions that allow you to keep your pool open for a longer season each year.