Recommended Cleaning Supplies for Closing Your Pool
Whether you’ve hired a cleaning service all summer or you’ve put in the cleaning hours yourself, most pool owners recognize how important it is to keep the pool clean and sparkling for family and friends. As the winter season approaches, it’s equally important that you ensure a clean and balanced pool before you close your pool for the cold weather.
To stay on top of your pool closing, the team at Anthony & Sylvan recommends these helpful cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Chemicals for Your Pool Closing
As you begin to wind down the summer season, make sure you have the following pool cleaning chemicals to balance your water chemistry:
- Algaecide. This cleaning agent is important to kill algae growth and to help prevent any future growth during the off-season. Invest in a winterizing algaecide, designed for long-term use over the winter months.
- Chemical Testers. Proper water chemistry is very important before entering into the winter season to ensure that bacteria and algae don’t have a good environment for growth. Appropriate test kits will also make opening your pool easier come the spring season. If you do not have a test kit, bring a water sample to your nearest Anthony & Sylvan retail location for a free water analysis.
- Shock Treatment. We recommend shocking the pool with the appropriate amount of shock 3 days prior to your pool closing. Be sure to follow the manufactures instruction on the package.
Pool Cleaning Equipment for Closing Your Pool
Every pool owner will need basic equipment essentials when closing your pool. These essentials include:
- Skimmer. A skimmer will help remove all surface debris from your pool before covering it.
- Pool Brush. Use a pool brush to thoroughly remove any algae growth and dirt from the walls and floor of your pool before closing it for the season. It can also help remove the scum that builds on the pool walls from excess sunscreen and oils.
- Vacuum. A top-quality pool vacuum removes any remaining dirt and debris from the bottom of the pool before your pool closing.
- Pool Cover. As a finishing touch after a thorough clean of your inground pool, a pool cover will create a final barrier between your pool and any debris. For added safety from accident entry to the pool while closed we recommend investing in a custom safety pool cover. Free estimates available in our local service areas.
Find Pool Cleaning Supplies and Equipment for Pool Closings at Anthony & Sylvan
From chlorine to pool safety covers, Anthony & Sylvan’s pool supply stores have everything you need to close your pool the right way. Visit our online store or drop into one of our convenient pool supply store locations to stock up for the winter season.